Terms & conditions
All goods offered by us carry a 1-year warranty.
If goods are faulty and not repairable we will either exchange it for you or give you a full refund.
We are a New Zealand company so you are protected by a series of guarantees set out in the Consumer Guarantees Act. Return address for warranty is 11 Te Arai Point Rd, Te Arai, Auckland
Surf School Services
In consideration of the acceptance of my offer to participate in lessons or other activity at Aotearoa Surf, I have read, understood, approved and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I / my dependent (as legal guardian) accept that the sport of surfing/paddleboarding and all other ocean activities carries with it some degree of risk both to the person and property including the possibility of loss of life. Knowing the risk involved, I still wish to register for lessons or other activity with the Aotearoa Surf and so expressly agree to assume the risk of injury or damage while participating in this activity.
- I release, waive and hold harmless Aotearoa Surf, its officers, agents and/or employees from all claims, losses, damages or expenses during or in conjunction with my participation in Aotearoa Surf, including any claims for damage caused by the negligence of Aotearoa Surf, its officers, agents and/or employees, together with any cost including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses, damages or expenses whether valid or not.
- I also indemnify the Aotearoa Surf, its officers, agents and/or its employees against all claims losses damages, expenses or claim that any one or more of their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have and against any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claims, losses damages or expenses whether valid or not.
- If I am not a resident of New Zealand, I declare that I will not avoid Conditions (2) or (3) by commencing any legal action in another country.
- I declare and confirm that I am physically fit, can swim in the ocean and have no conditions or injury that could be affected by this activity.
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by Aotearoa Surf in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking a surfing lesson and also agree to indemnify Aotearoa Surf in the respect of such medical treatment.
- I accept responsibility for the equipment, including but not limited to surfboard paddleboard, wetsuit and rash shirt in which Aotearoa Surf has allocated to me. I hereby agree to pay for all repairs or replacement in such case of damage or loss.
- I agree that any photographs, films, sound or other recording of my surfing lessons or other activity with Aotearoa Surf will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of Aotearoa Surf. I also agree the company itself may use such images or recordings as it deems fit without any prior consent.
- I agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respect by and in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
- I understand that Aotearoa Surf may send me promotional emails from time to time and that I may unsubscribe, if I no longer wish to receive them.
General Cancellation, Rescheduling, Account Credit & Refund Policies
General Surf Lessons & Activities (excl programs specified following)
- 5 days notice required for any refunds. Cancelling within 5 days of booking – Aotearoa Surf may offer to reschedule your booked event at our discression based on type of booking, costs incurred and future service availability
- If notice of 5 days is given Aotearoa Surf can reschedule for you at no cost or issue a credit for your booking valid for 12 months, alternatively a 50% refund is issued
- If 10 days notice of cancellation is given Aotearoa Surf can reschedule for you at no cost or issue a credit for your booking valued for 12 months, alternatively 75% refund is issued
- If booking for programs that encompass more than 1 event such as ongoing daily or weekly programs or camps, if you are unable to make one or more of the events due to any reason we can not refund or make up the missed participation. This is due to the events being a program and your placement is fixed and still available for you. We are not able to fill your placement
- Ultimate Kids Surf Camps – If unable to attend a camp you have booked and paid for then the following notice warrants a refund or credit
– Given 35 days notice – Refund 70% of booking, or receive 100% booking as credit towards Aotearoa Surf Services (valid for 12 months), or reschedule no charge to another camp
– Given 14 days notice – No Refunds. 70% of booking value credited (valid for 12 months), or $100 charge to reschedule to another camp
– All other notice periods generally warrant No refunds or credits as 50% of the booking payment has been spent on camp services . Aotearoa Surf may be able to reschedule to another camp or offer discretionary credit pending costs incurred and occupancy of camps.
Early Bird Tickets are non refundable.
You have the ability to transfer your booking to another participant at no cost.
- Womens Wellness Weekends. 14 Days notice required to cancel your booking. You have the option to either receive refund minus 30% administration/setup costs or you can opt for 100% credit to be used towards any services – retail shop, surf lessons, programs, other retreats, eco-pod stay (valid for 12 months). Less than 14 days notice no refund and full credit issued less 30% administration costs.
Less than 7 days notice, no refund or credit is available
Should Aotearoa Surf honor a rebooking or rescheduling with less than 14 days notice a payment of 30% of booking is required to cover late notice
- Aotearoa Surf may postpone an event if the inability to run the event is beyond our control. In this instance a refund is not warranted and the postponed event will still continue. If you are unable to attend the new postponed event a credit is issued that you may use for products and services valid for 12 months
- Should Aotearoa Surf need to cancel any event due to the conditions on the day such as Lighting, Tsunami warnings or cyclones or any other conditions, we offer the ability to reschedule your booking at no cost or alternatively a credit is given subject to conditions above
- Book with Confidence – COVID GUARANTEE. Our book with confidence policy guarantees that if due to a change in government regulations and Aotearoa Surf are unable to proceed with a booking OR guests are unable to attend a booking , this booking can be rescheduled to the postponed date or same event. If dates are not suitable, guests do not lose the value of their booking, instead this is available as a credit for use towards other services (valid for a period of up to 12 months). Should a guest feel unwell and require to get a covid test a positive covid result at the time of booking will honour our book with confidence policy. A negative result prior to booking or feeling unwell and cancelation within 72 hours of booking start time then the book with confidence policy is not applicable and reverts back to standard cancelation policies.
Aotearoa Surf may be able to reschedule or credit booking minus any costs incurred by Aotearoa Surf.